Operation Thermos was born at the initiative of scout leaders who started to bring coffee and sandwiches to the homeless in train stations every evening. Rapidly more and more homeless people were coming, more and more volunteers were showing up and more and more meals were prepared. Today, 30 teams follow one another to offer meals and coffee to the homeless in the Central Station of Brussels from November 1st until April 30st. Each team operates with its own resources.
Any financial donation is welcome:
- Operation Thermos: IBAN BE57 0682 4196 7335
- Thermos Bruxelles-Sud: IBAN BE77 0682 4196 8042
- Thermos Linkebeek: IBAN BE66 0682 4196 8143
- Thermos Akuna Thermostat: IBAN BE53 0682 4904 0453
- Homeless Thermos Soup Tureen: IBAN BE97 0682 4904 0049
A tax certificate can be issued for any donation of min € 40.
You may also make a donation in kind. Here is a list of equipment the association regularly needs:
- White garbage bags from the Brussels Region
- Plastic cutlery
- Paper towels
- Paper tablecloths
- Stirrers or small spoons
- Cups that can hold hot or cold
- Dish soap
- Floor cleaner
- Dish towels
- Thermos of coffee (2L)
- Containers to distribute our possible surpluses to the most disadvantaged (example: ice cream containers, jars, etc.).
- Food in large quantities.
- Pasta (except spaghetti, cappelinis, etc.) – 15kg
- Canned fruits (for a mixed fruit) – 15Kg
- Canned vegetables – 10kg of the same vegetable
- Frozen onions
- Water – 20L
- Milk – 10L
- Cocoa powder
- Olive oil
- Salt / pepper / nutmeg
- Sugar cubes – 1kg
- Fruit juice – 20L
- Coffee – 1kg